Sunday, February 15, 2015

It's getting real!

I've been training for the Disney Princess Glass Slipper Challenge.  Which, for those that don't know, is when we run a 10k on Sat and a half marathon on Sunday.  Wow!  There are even some people running the 5k on Friday, the 10k on Saturday and the half on Sunday.  Holy wow!  Those people are dedicated. 

Anyway, I have never run longer than a 5k.  And funny thing, I wanted to only sign up for the 10K.  But my good friend convinced me to sign up for both.  

It'll be fun, she says...  You can totally do it, she says.  

We'll see!  

Anyway, so training was put majorly on hold this fall, because of my gall bladder. No was told that running could agrivate it, which it did.  So I didn't really start training, for longer distances, until January.  Before my gall bladder issues, I was up to maybe 3 miles...  And was about to jump to 12-15 mins of straight running.  (I was following the Couch to 10K program, which is amazing & I may go back to it, after the half.) 

In January, I jumped over to following the Jeff Galloway programs.  And amazingly, I am able to run for distances!  Well run walk, that is.

Anyway, my longest run to date has been 10 miles.  I am UBER nervous about this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment