Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Meal prep & I don't mix

So meal prep...  Yeah, it didn't go at all.  I am the type of person who spends more money when I meal prep.  I know, it makes no sense.  People always say they save money when they meal prep.  Not me, because I want to make these delicious, but not typical meals for me or my family.  Makes life interesting.

I did find that I do better buying chicken, lean meats, fruits, veggies, and whole grains.  And then deciding daily what to make.  I stick to a better diet that way, as well.

Let's chat about this...  Part of the 21 Day Fix, well a huge part of it, is meal prep & meals.  But honestly, I do much better looking at my pantry or the list of foods, and picking out my containers that way.  

I do need to refigure my bracket, because I think I might have moved a bracket.  I also find it very difficult to eat all my containers.  I never thought I'd say that about a "diet". But it really is a lot of food!

And even when I don't have my containers handy, I am still able to eyeball the amounts which is amaizng.  I belong to several Facebook groups dedicated to people doing the 21 Day Fix.  And several of the people in the group's have gotten to the place where they could eyeball their portions.  I was in awe of them.  But amazingly enough, it has happened to me as well.  

Have I been amazing at it lately?  Nope.  And I noticed as I increased my running, I also was craving more carbs.  So I do add a few of those in, even though they aren't in my bracket.  

I also drink a little more wine than I am supposed to, but I'm sure I'll cut back again soon. 

So, do you meal prep?  

No comments:

Post a Comment