Thursday, June 25, 2015

I have been MIA

Or on vacation, take your pick.  After the Disney Princess Half Marathon weekend, I just lost my motivation to run.  I can't tell you why, I just did.



I was doing Les Mills Pump for a while, but had to put that on the back burner, because I wasn't going to drive up to Michigan with my weights in my trunk.  We already had too much else to bring with us this year.  But I will be back to it when I get back.  And I may even try a class at my gym!



I decided before I drove up here that my exercises of choice this summer were going to be running and PiYo.  Neither need a lot, if any equipment, and are extremely portable.  



I got up here, and allergies set in.  I expected them to happen, as they always do when I get to a new place, but usually they even out within a day or two.  But not this year and not up here.  Oh boy, the cottonwood is horrible this year.  I cannot figure out the correct allergy medicine that help, and essential oils I bought for my allergies just isn't helping yet.  But I will be trying to diffuse them, once I get a diffuser.

Anyway, I hadn't started either programs yet... Until this morning!  I did it.  I made myself get out of bed and out the door for my first run of the summer... And really first run since the Disney Princess Half Marathon weekend.  

I only did 2 miles, and they were super slow, but we all have to start, or restart, somewhere, right?  It felt good, short, but good.  

I can remember when running a mile felt like it would take forever.  And a 5k was even longer!  There was a time when I couldn't imagine going for more than 2-3 miles.  But wow, has that changed.  And it feel good. 

Maybe I will become a distance runner after all.  My goal is to get my mile time to around 10 minutes.  I told a friend of mine that I would run a 10k with her in October.  And she runs about a 10 minute mile.

But of course, I am also wanting to thin out and lose weight, gain muscle, and be healthy.  I haven't changed much in my eating.  I am still eating in three's, for the most part, and eating several meals a day.  I feel great, in part to eating right, but also because of Thrive by Le-Vel.  I can't even tell you how much it has impacted my life. 

I have more energy, feel better, don't get the 2 o'clock slump, and have the energy to play with my kids, do the laundry, run, exercise and just live a happier, healthier life.  



What plan are you following?  Do you use supplements or vitamins to help you feel better?

No comments:

Post a Comment